It’s being a long time since the Magento Community heard about Magento 2 for the first time, it was announced in 2010 and planned for release in 2011, and its merchant beta version was released in July 2015. Since then Magento 1 and Magento 2 have existed simultaneously.
Magento developers have been asking for the last three years when the Magento team was going to release an exam to validate Magento 2 development skills, and finally, the answer was responded. Yes, the exam is finally here! Check the details below.
MAGENTO 2 CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPER OVERVIEW
The Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer exam, a primarily scenario-based exam, is designed to validate the skills and knowledge needed to customize Magento 2 in the areas of: UI modifications, database changes, admin modifications, checkout process customizations, order management integrations and customizations, catalog structure and functionality changes. This exam is for a Magento 2 developer who has a deep understanding of Magento 2 development concepts and experience (recommend 1.5 years) in implementing and customizing Magento 2.
ABOUT THE EXAM
- 60 Multiple Choice items
- 90 minutes to complete the exam
- Based on Magento Open Source (2.2) and Magento Commerce (2.2), but applicable to those using any version of Magento 2.
PREREQUISITES AND RESOURCES
- No prerequisites
- We recommend taking the Fundamentals of Magento 2 Development course as a first step
- Hands-on experience with customization and implementation of Magento 2.x web stores
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam
- Free Study Guide available